Confession time: I do not eat pretty or varied lunches. This probably decreases my foodie/blogger cred, but I’m cool with it. If there’s anything I value, it’s honesty above all else.
In an effort to be 100% transparent, I’ll just lay it all out there on the dining room table I use as an office: smoothies have been lunch for the last 5…ahem..10 days. Smoothies are repeat offenders partially because they’re fast and easy when you’re working on a deadline, typing away during your lunch, and also because they’re freakin’ delicious.
My love affair with the Vega Vanilla Chai Whole Food Optimizer is becoming a bit of a problem, for my wallet and my taste buds. No other protein powder can compare. Call it a bit of a honeymoon period. I just can’t get enough.
So before you judge, try it. And don’t blame me if you can’t keep your hands off each other. Day after day after day.
Honeymoon Me Smoothie
(serves 1 hungry worker bee)
- 1/2 cup almond milk (or any other non-dairy milk)
- 1/2 cup coconut water
- 3/4 cup frozen organic cherries
- 1/4 cup frozen organic blueberries (optional; easy way to completely change the taste and get two smoothie recipes in one!)
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 T chia seed (optional)
- 1 T raw almond butter (optional)
- 1 scoop Vega Vanilla Chai Whole Food Optimizer (any plant-based protein powder would be good, especially in a vanilla flavor)
1. Place all ingredients in high-speed blender and blend away.
2. Meet your lunch date.
Live happily ever after. Or until you find another protein powder to run away with.